OT: Best laptop backpack?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 20 02:45:35 UTC 2009

Alex Kink wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a new laptop backpack. I'm currently using a Lowepro laptop/camera bag, but I no longer use the camera compartment.
>
> Ideally I'd want something with a sturdy laptop compartment (with proper padding) and at least another big section where I can put power supplies, HDD, gym clothes, etc.
>
> The ideal backpack would last me 3-4 years, so I'm willing to shell out up to $150.
>
> What are some of you guys using?
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Personally, I've got the "Gigabyte" bag from MEC. It's the third one
I've had in over ten years. The zippers are what eventually fail, but I
tend to carry a lot of heavy equipment as well as my laptop (think
tools, external storage carriers, numerous hard drives, etc), so I don't
blame the bag.

I just checked, and it looks like they've changed the design from what
I've got. However, I've never been disappointed in anything I've gotten
at MEC. They've got different sizes, too. The Gigabyte is 30l, the
"Megabyte" is 21l.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442545303&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302886190&bmUID=1250736142795

Madi