wifi 450-500 feet, almost line of sight, anyone donethis?

Anton Verevkin anton-P5WJPa9AKEc1GQ1Ptb7lUw at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 15 13:18:32 UTC 2009

On Fri 14/08/09 23:40 , ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I simply want to wifi from there (back to my house),
> my 3 year old linksys wifi and asus Eee
> come up easily 150' short, probably closer to 250',
> but then I didnt put the linksys on my roof.
> just hoping there was something good, easy, powerful,
> that would go 600' (out of the box),

Maybe it's also worth moving your linksys to the beach with a directional antenna
and connecting another directional antenna to your pc at home. Thus you stay mobile
at the beach (even if the notebook is not in the ray - it is close to the transmitter anyway) and
have a good long link.

P.S. Anyways, it's the radio - noone can guarantee anything before you try.

Best regards,
Anton Verevkin