Toronto Open Source Week - Oct 24-30 ?

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 14 19:22:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Robert
Brockway<robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Christopher Browne wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know what the "not-for-profit open source expo" on the 26th is
>>> supposed to be, though...
>>
>> On http://torontoopensourceweek.pbworks.com/Event-List it is described as:
>> "Trade Show style event bringing together not-for-profit decision makers and
>> open source experts and consultants"
>
> A flag goes up when I see statements like that about a conference.  A lot of
> the real experts and consultants in OSS in Toronto are right here on this
> list and we're debating what this conference is :)

I think the non-profit-expo organizers can do a better job of
describing their intentions than I can.  Hopefully they'll have an
announcement soon.  It is my understanding that they want to have
non-profits see what F/LOSS can do for them.  The folks behind that
expo are names I recognize from this list and other F/LOSS
communities.

But how about us?  What other events would we all like to see as part
of Toronto Open Source Week?  Anybody care to set up something?  How
about a BarCamp-like event for packagers?