Toronto Open Source Week - Oct 24-30 ?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 13 20:29:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Scott Elcomb<psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was looking at the FSOSS 2009 page and discovered that there's a
> whole week of Open Source Goodness being planned in Toronto:
>
>  http://opensourceweek.ca/
>  October 24-30, 2009 - "Toronto Open Source Week is a celebration of
> Open Source technology and community throughout the Toronto area."
>
> Anyone on the list have more information about this celebration?  This
> is the first I've heard of it.  If it was mentioned here before then I
> must've missed it.

Well, it seems to be an ad-hoc recognition of there being a number of
"open source"-related events that week.

Ontario LinuxFest is an obvious thing, as is the Seneca College FSOSS.

I don't know what the "not-for-profit open source expo" on the 26th is
supposed to be, though...
Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html