OT: Today I Turn 33...!

Pete Lancashire pete-6NP59FE1ho9MFQD/ygXjfdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 12 14:51:13 UTC 2009

reordering two ..

> I expect we'd find a much higher proportion of free thinkers on this list
> than in the general population.

Much more then you think, anyone in a XXXUG group is pretty much
just by being a member. We are the 'outcasts'.

> It is worth noting that this is only relative to oneself.  I've always
> been very open to new ideas and as a 36 year old I'm sure I'm still more
> open to new ideas than a lot of 20 year olds out there :)

Most 'real' technology people have not only no issues with sharing their
knowledge and experiences but enjoy doing it. 180 deg from most others.
Again the 'outcasts'.

I worked for what once was considered one of the highest technology
companies in its field. One thing they would do is team up engineers
that were at each end of the age/experience curve.

If I had the opportunity to run a company it would be almost a
requirement.

Heck, even though the next decade from me will start with me being
60, I still have fun on the Playstation.

-pete another 'outcast'