OT: Today I Turn 33...!

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 11 17:58:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Thomas
Milne<tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Michael Lauzon<mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Well, today -- 11/08/09 -- is my 33rdf birthday, I am getting old.  I
>> haven't had a birthday party or a birthday present in almost 20 years,
>> sucks to be me.  Anyeverhow, I am now 33 and into my 34th year of
>> life.
>
> 33!? Please, I would be glad to be 33 again. Enjoy it while you can :-)

For those that are older-than-I, it's one thing I've always wondered.
I know a lot more than I did when I was younger - say in High School -
but picking up new concepts sometimes seems to take a little longer
than it did. Perhaps it was just when I was younger I had more free
time for such things, but I do remember doing some pretty cool
programming tricks and coming up with rather outrageous ideas (that
worked, even!), etc, even if it was all very non-standard and rather
unorthodox.

Do you ever feel that the old grey-matter has slowed down a bit? How
do you keep it in shape?