Linux person uses (tries to use) Mac OS X

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 29 18:24:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> For anyone who intends to work at the operating system of a
> Mac, be aware that some Mac keyboards do not include the '|'
> (ie, pipe-to} symbol.

I believe your information is *wrong*.

I myself have access to PowerMac 7100 (1995) keyboard, iBook G4
(early 2006) keyboard, and late 2006 iMac keyboard, all of them
have one specific key for \ and |.

A bit research shows that apparently Mac has been always have
that key, as can be seen here:
http://lowendmac.com/mail/0807mb/0729.html#11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Powerbook_150.jpg
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1635
http://www.apple.com/ca/keyboard/

The only thing I can think of is that you are talking about
non-US keyboard layout. In that case it has nothing to do with
Mac, any PC with that keyboard layout will have the same issue.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/