problem with hal and policykit

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 29 17:55:05 UTC 2009

There was a large update last night for my Debian Testing system, and it's
caused some problems with mounting external drives.

I get this error when trying to mount my USB drive:

org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result).

I've looked at several search results with that exact phrase, and they all poin
to this PolicyKit, and recommend editing its config files...not sure whether I
want to go and do that without further guidance.

Anyone else ran into this?

Thanks!