Need help with 1 tb mass storage device with linux

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 28 04:14:58 UTC 2009

Dave,

This is a long shot, but it could be that you need a special USB cable
for this drive. It has two USB connections that go to a single
mini-USB connector -- this provides more power that a standard USB
cable.

I had to order mine through Tiger Direct for my wife's 250G passport.
We plugged it in and suddenly the drive worked. Would have never
believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Don't have a link for you right now, but it's essentially a Y cable.
Hope this helps.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario