Ubuntu 9.04 upgrade surprisingly easy

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 28 00:10:15 UTC 2009

Matthew Middleton wrote:
> Just ran the 9.04 Netbook Remix install from an external USB flash drive a
> couple days ago, and I'm pretty happy with it.  The eeePC 701 has a few
> "special" requirements, but it was easy to find the fixes.

I updated my Eee PC1000H last night with great luck. It was an extra
gamble for me as I am far from home and would have had a hard time
fixing any issues. However, I copied the ISO to an SD card I have and
booted from it and networking works great out of the box now! This is
quite the advance over prior versions for Intel Atom based netbooks.

Also, to complicate things further, I was upgrading from an Easy Peasy
install. A nice fork for netbooks, but still has some growing to do. I
am happy to be back on a stock Ubuntu install.

Madi