Who killed KDE?

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 24 15:21:27 UTC 2009

Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> Given your timing, why not just try Kubuntu 9.04? It uses a newer
> version of KDE that's much more stable.

It wasn't the stability that bothered me, it was mainly not being able
to tell my files apart.  I acquired a bit of sense just before I
started the new install.  The '+' sign seems to be an icon in an icon,
replacing the Ctrl-click that used to select an item.  Perhaps I could
have got used to that.

But like I say, I cheated.  The / partition is 3/4 ubuntu now.

I saw that 9.04 is available, but I'm afraid of new stuff.  I'll watch
what happens to you.

	Cheers,	Mel.