My Green Earth Day Suggestion

jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 23 17:43:41 UTC 2009

> John Myshrall <jmyshrall at ...> writes:
>> volt)-$40.00 (plug in). Using compressed air from a compressor is not a
>> good idea because the air usually contains moisture.
>
> Actually compressor air is very dry but contains *oil*. This makes it
> in-appropriate for breathing air (e.g. diving) but ok for blowing out
> things, as
> long as you use a pressure reducer and a nozzle. The water is let down
> from the
> compressor air storage tank using a screw or valve once a year or so.
>
> Peter

All large scale compressed air needs to go through a drier. When you
compress air it warms up. Warm air has a better ability to hold moisture.
Once it cools then the moistures condenses out. Even with that you still
need point of use separators where equipment needs dry air. The air
continues to cool as it travels to point of use.

A small home compressor can be the oiless variety but if you are at a
manufacturing facilty like me that is not the case.

That is why I like the blower. Easy to use and no about moisture, oil and
you don't need a compressor.

John