Defeating Bell's 'Traffic Management'

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 22 17:36:25 UTC 2009

I had assumed that using this MLPPP was only for people with 2 or more DSL
lines, but someone at work tipped me off that he had gotten around it with just
one, using the Tomato/MLPPP firmware for his Linksys router. If you're using
the WRT54G or GL/GS, this firmware works great and was a breeze to set up.

Start here:

http://fixppp.org

For me it was like this:

1. Reset router to factory.

2. Upload firmware file for my router.

3. Log in using 'admin' for user and pass.

4. Configure router.

I like the new interface a lot better, even without the joy of screwing
with Bell.  :-)

One thing I could not find was a good explanation on exactly how this defeats
throttling...