Flattening a website

Thu Apr 16 19:16:42 UTC 2009

I have a strange, interesting problem.  I have a dynamic website which
is going to stop being dynamic - it will no longer be updated in the
future, but we'd like to keep it up and running, rather than going dark.

The dynamic nature of the site is pretty simple - just a content
management system.

I was wondering - could you put squid in front of this site, hit it with
a crawler, and then replace the old site with the contents of the cache?
Is this a sane approach?

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!
--

yours,

William