algebaric operations on a RegEx?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 15 15:07:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:59:10AM -0400, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> The point is not that I don't like indentation; I do like indentation, I
> don't like to do it. I would want the editor do it for me, if the editor
> is a smart one, or a choice not to bother about it, when the editor is
> dumb one.

Well python simply has the requirement that the source code MUST be
consistent.  If you use a smart editor, this should be simple.

> Generally this is not a big issue for me, I am pretty consistent in where
> I put my braces. Also - as I said - a smart editor should point this out
> to me.

And if you are consistent, python is simple.  You simply don't need
braces.  They are just noise that can be left out.

> It is a bigger issue that I cannot quickly move a group of code in and
> out a block without reformatting, or that if a space or tab added
> accidentally, the code will suddenly stop working.

A smart editor can change the indentation on a block very quickly.

> I also like the choice to do one liner.

I think they should be banned.

--
Len Sorensen