Pho Patron

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 14 15:28:03 UTC 2009

teddy mills wrote:
> Is there a TLUG/friend/relative/ connection to the Pho Hung restaurant?
> If so, then thats fine, but if not, can we try other dining places in
> Chinatown?
I would object to this.

The advantage of Pho Hung is that it's fast, cheap, nearby, decent
quality, and always has sufficient (if sometimes cramped) seating.
The menu is suffieicntly varied that other options exist if you don't
like soup. :-)

Do you have something else in mind that reasonably fits the above
criteria as well? If not, who would do the substantial advance scouting
to find candidates?

But above all ... as an occasional attendee I see substantial in having
a tradition and conformity of time and place. Given the sometimes
last-minute nature of meeting announcements, it would be very difficult
to switch venues. Many people know the same day of the month and the
same place to go; they don't even need the notices. Even if the UofT
room changes, you could go always go to Pho Hung in advance and follow
the crowd to the meeting; at least one of them should know (one would
hope!).

IMO the onus is on you to make a strong case why the status quo is not
working.

- Evan