Hello Beautiful People !!!

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 10 05:31:47 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> As for this group, I think part of what contributes to the lack of
>
> - Most people left after work for a vacation/cottage for the long weekend.
> - Your message got filtered as spam for being HTML
> - Your message started as a reply to a thread that many here are ignoring.
>
> Some suggestions;
>
> - Start a new post fresh to 'tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org'.
> - Ask specific Linux-type questions.
> - Wait for replies through the long weekend.

Let me add a few more reasons why people might be ignoring the message
and suggestions for asking questions that might get responses.

In addition to the reasons listed above, people might be ignoring the
message because:

* The subject line could easily be misconstrued as or automatically
filtered as spam. Three exclamation marks and a subject line that
reveals nothing of the purpose of the message, well, perhaps other than
it's one that I might want to ignore, doesn't help.

* There were no specific questions in your (the original poster's, not
Madi's) message and all indications were that you had not done any
meaningful research.

Some suggestions in addition to the above for improving the chances of
getting responses:

* Use meaningful subject lines.

* Do your own research first before asking questions. Even a cursory
Google search for red+hat+cluster or red+hat+virtualization would, in a
matter of seconds, turn up more information than most people would have
the time or the inclination to impart on a mailing list. You may also
find more joy on the appropriate Red Hat lists, not that this list
doesn't have many people with a diverse range of skills who might be
able to help.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay