OT: Proper subject/topic naming (was "Re:Hello Beautiful People !!!")

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 10 05:24:07 UTC 2009

On 09/04/09 11:17 PM, Madison Kelly wrote:
> *Please* send mail to this list in plain-text!

It would be nice if everyone used more appropriate naming for subjects,
or either renamed them or prefixed them when the topic changes
drastically or goes completely off-topic, too.

For example, I suggest "scary things at CRTC" be renamed to "OT:
Existential Theology" or "OT: The Philosophy of Religion" or something
along those lines.

>> thank you for your input and welcoming me to the group =) .... I am
>> feeling ignored and think maybe I should start up a thread off topic
>> ;) ... the religion thread is getting a lot of participation, people
>> love to share. I wish there was this much excitement about linux.

I read your subject "Hello Beautiful People" and the first paragraph ..
didn't exactly make me think it would have a question about
virtualization in it, so I skipped it. This is a high-volume,
high-member list.. you'll have to help us filter through the posts by
choosing a relevant subject :)

>> Maybe we can start a thread off topic about which gender is better
>> next? or what race is more superior!

My thoughts exactly.

These "discussions" would be a little less distracting if people
properly renamed the subjects once the discussion flies into to Never
Never Land.. and the OT prefix is used whenever a discussion starts or
becomes off-topic.

Marc

--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder,
but when you do, it blows your whole leg off.