Hello Beautiful People !!!

Dev Guy devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 9 23:01:04 UTC 2009

Wow my first day on the thread as a new member to the Linux group and we're debating the creator and religion!

Hello everyone, great to be in the company of open minded passionate people! I've joined this group to develop a deeper understanding of Linux. I am a Slackware oldie but newbee, and currently CentOS has caught my attention!

I am here out of selfish reason to learn how to be a better Linux administrator with CentOS. I plan to use these skills to manage my website down the road.

What I need to figure out is how to use the capabilities of virtulization or maybe it's clustering to use multiplte servers at the software level to create a load-balanced environment? For example, creating a online group that will require more server overtime to accomodate the demand of increased traffic and increased storage. How could one go about getting this done?

I plan to go with a host and start off with a single server and later add server as required. Is there a way for me to scale easily without the use of handware other than the servers?

Is there any opensource software that will allow me to do this using a GUI tool on CentOS in particual?

Thanks for your assistance in this matter and I hope I can contribute to the group as my skills develop.

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav