scary things at CRTC

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 9 20:57:46 UTC 2009

Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> All I have to comment is.
>
> I have had prayers answered, simple ones that saved my life. Stuff
> that couldn't just be coincidence. I've understood things, I normally
> would never have understood.
>
> It all depends on if you pass things off not god just because you
> don't want to believe. Miracles happen every day. Jesus makes himself
> known through everyday life....
>
> People just need to open there eyes. And sometimes science matches
> religion, sometimes its theories contradict.
>
> Because of my faith, he makes himself known.

There is a story I heard years ago, and I think it's a good analogy for
religion or the lack thereof.

Imaging a city. Now image a town to the north and a town to the south.
If two people, one from either town, went to the city, they'd be
traveling in completely different directions. Even so, neither is going
the wrong way.

For some, pure science is their route to the city, and the city being an
understanding of big questions like "why do we exist?". For others, like
yourself, Christian teachings is your route. Others have different ways
again. None are wrong for the simple reason that no one can ever really
know the answer.

Heck, even Stephen Hawking, an atheist, has said that what we study does
not preclude the existence of a creator. It does however try to
understand this existence.

In the same way that I argued for the atheist-mided folk here not to
simply dismiss your belief in a creator, I would ask that you in turn
not dismiss their lack of belief as simply being because they've not
accepted your god as their saviour. Your beliefs work for you. Respect
that theirs works for them.

Madi