iTWire - Internet Explorer 9 to use Mozilla's Firefox code base

Michael Lauzon mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 1 04:49:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 23:08, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Watch out for the 'Warner Bros buys Pirate Bay'? ;)

You mean this..?!:

Warner Brothers Inc. announced today that it has agreed to acquire The
Pirate Bay, the consumer media company for people to share original
copies through a Web experience, for $13.37 billion in a
stock-for-stock transaction. Following the acquisition, The Pirate Bay
will operate independently to preserve its successful brand and
passionate community.

The acquisition combines one of the largest and fastest growing online
entertainment communities with Warner Bros’s expertise in organizing
information and creating new models for advertising on the Internet.
The combined companies will focus on providing a better, more
comprehensive experience for users interested in downloading, watching
and sharing content, and will ofer new opportunities for professional
content owners to distribute their work to reach a vast new audience.

“The Pirate Bay team has built an exciting and powerful media platform
that complements Warner Bros’s mission to organize the world’s
information and make it universally accessible and useful,” said Jim
Kjeyzer, Chief Executive
Officer of Warner Bros. “Our companies share similar values; we both
always put our users first and are committed to innovating to improve
their experience. Together, we are natural partners to ofer a
compelling media entertainment service to users, content owners and
advertisers.”

“Our community has played a vital role in changing the way that people
consume media, creating a new hip culture. By joining forces with
Warner Bros, we can beneft from its global reach and technology
leadership to deliver a more comprehensive entertainment experience
for our users and to create new opportunities for our partners,” said
Anakata, CEO and Co-Founder of The Pirate Bay. “I’m confdent that with
this partnership we’ll have the fexibility and resources needed to
pursue our goal of building the next-generation platform for serving
media worldwide.”

When the acquisition is complete, The Pirate Bay will retain its
distinct brand identity, strengthening and complementing Warner Bros’s
own fast-growing video business. The Pirate Bay will continue to be
based in Stockholm, Sweden, and all The Pirate Bay employees will
remain with the company. With Warner Bros’s technology, advertiser
relationships and global reach, The Pirate Bay will continue to build
on its success as one of the world’s most popular services for online
entertainment.

The number of Warner Bros shares to be issued in the transaction will
be determined based on the 30-day average closing price two trading
days prior to the completion of the acquisition. Both companies have
approved the transaction, which is subject to customary closing
conditions and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2009.

The company will host a conference and webcast at 130 p.m. Pacifc Time
(430 p.m. Eastern Time) tomorrow to discuss the acquisition. To access
the conference, please email scott.rowe-4ULFWaVYfxzlKS8GlytQkw at public.gmane.org A replay of the
will be available until midnight Tursday, April 16 at various
interwebs internationally. Confrmation code for the replay is 1337101.

About Warner Bros Inc.
Warner Bros’s innovative movie flm technologies connect millions of
people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1918 by
small time crooks Harry and Albert, Warner Bros today is a top web
property in all major global markets. Warner Bros’s targeted film
movie program provides businesses of all sizes with measurable
results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Warner
Bros is headquartered in Hollywood with offices throughout the
Americas, Europes and Asias. For more information, visit
www.WarnerBros.com.

About The Pirate Bay
Founded in February 2003, The Pirate Bay is a consumer media company
for people to share original copies worldwide through a Web
experience. The Pirate Bay allows people to easily upload and share
torrents on www.ThePirateBay.org and across the Internet through
websites, blogs, and e-mail. The Pirate Bay currently delivers more
than 1 million torrents every day with 65,000 new torrents uploaded
daily and it has quickly become the leading destination on the
Internet for video entertainment.

--
Sincerely,

Michael Lauzon