openoffice question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 21:28:11 UTC 2008

Hi all,

   I take my work notes using openoffice, and I use a point form style.
At the end of the month, I need to copy and paste these notes into a web
  form which only supports plain text. All this is fine, except for one
annoying little time waster...

   OO automatically creates bullets for me when I start a line with a
hyphen. This looks great in OO and makes my notes very easy to read
(content aside). However, when I copy/paste the hyphen-style bullets are
lost in the plain text (same if I paste into an editor like kate). This
means I have to go back and manually enter the dash before each
sentence, which is quite the waste of time.

   Does anyone know of a way that I could copy the bullets as hyphens
and pasting from OO to a plain text medium?

   Thanks!

Madi

PS - Saving as text or RTF doesn't help...