postfix smtp errors

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 18:46:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 13:51 -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:

> > solved it!  that put me in the right direction -- just randomly
> copied
> > some shit from a guide, i'm sure a bunch of this stuff is
> unnecessary
> > but at least it seems to work:
> > # utoronto requires tls
> > smtp_use_tls=yes
> > smtp_tls_loglevel=2
> > smtp_tls_security_level = may
> > #smtpd_use_tls=yes
> > smtpd_tls_security_level = may
> > smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
> > smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
> > #smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
> > #smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
> > #smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
> > tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
> > smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
> > smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
> >

> > i'll try to pare thisdown when i have more time but for now it
> works...
>
> You don't need the smtpd directives unless you have users
> authenticating
> and sending mail via your relay. the smtpd directives are for postfix
> when it acts as a server for incoming messages from authenticated
> users.

is that true even for the tls_cert_file and tls_key_file directives?  do
you think maybe the default client side cert locations are compiled in
to the ubuntu packages or something?

ps, nice to hear from you, some time oson i hope to settle in to the
linuxcaffe & say hello to folks.

matt

--
Matt Price