[OT]: YouTube causing system lockups

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 16:36:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:22 PM, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Check your Flash version, I've noticed that very new betas can be _very_
> unstable.

Here's some relevant info on the system, sorry in advance if some of
it doesn't format well:

cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18.8.tex5 (vaughan at localhost) (gcc version 4.1.1
20060724 (prerelease) (4.1.1-4pclos2007)) #1 SMP Thu May 10 11:36:58
WST 2007

about:plugins
Shockwave Flash

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31

    MIME Type                            Description
Suffixes  Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash  Shockwave Flash      swf        Yes
    application/futuresplash           FutureSplash Player  spl         Yes

YouTube was fine for the last few weeks... until yesterday.  I'm not
sure why it stopped working, but I'm not convinced at this point that
Flash is the issue.  (I could certainly be wrong, but I'm not terribly
knowledgeble on Flash... I only use it when I gotsta. ;-)

--
 Scott Elcomb
 http://www.psema4.com/