youtube no sound

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 21:14:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Lennart Sorensen
> Maybe your speakers are off, or your flash plugin isn't configured to
> allow sound or is using the wrong sound device, or something else is
> using the sound device and not sharing.

I also have a lingering no-sound-on-YouTube problem, but it's because
my ALSA OSS emulation is broken and I haven't yet bothered (much) to
fix it.  If Chris weren't also having trouble with XP, I'd point my
finger at the Linux version of the Flash player and ALSA's OSS layer.
(Adobe, or whoever, should really update the Flash plug-in to use ALSA
directly, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Ian