youtube no sound

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 15:26:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 09:26:34AM -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> I just called my ISP. They told me that they are not doing anything new
> that would interfere with sound from youtube. They said I will have to
> contact youtube directly (as if that would be possible). So, what's the
> 411? Is youtube limiting streaming (if that's what it's called) to get
> people on paid subscription in anticiptaion of the new Canadian
> copyright laws or what? Youtube has become a critical tool in giving
> guitar lessons. Students come in asking to play songs I've never heard.
> So, I go to youtube, type in "Wonderwall Oasis", listen to the song,
> download the tab, and we're off. I would probably pay for a youtube
> subscription if I had to.

Maybe your speakers are off, or your flash plugin isn't configured to
allow sound or is using the wrong sound device, or something else is
using the sound device and not sharing.

No ISP would go through the trouble of trying to take apart flash
programs in a stream and modify them.  That's just rediculous to even
consider.  The problem is with your computer or setup of it, not with
your ISP and almost certainly not with youtube either.

--
Len Sorensen