youtube no sound

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 13:26:34 UTC 2008

Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> I can't hear youtube on either of my computers. One computer is
> running XP and the other is running ubuntu 8.04. From both computers I
> can play music (for example from Nuendo in XP and from Totem in linux).
>
> So, I'm thinking the problem is with youtube or my ISP blocking the
> sound or whatever.

I just called my ISP. They told me that they are not doing anything new
that would interfere with sound from youtube. They said I will have to
contact youtube directly (as if that would be possible). So, what's the
411? Is youtube limiting streaming (if that's what it's called) to get
people on paid subscription in anticiptaion of the new Canadian
copyright laws or what? Youtube has become a critical tool in giving
guitar lessons. Students come in asking to play songs I've never heard.
So, I go to youtube, type in "Wonderwall Oasis", listen to the song,
download the tab, and we're off. I would probably pay for a youtube
subscription if I had to.