openVpN Linux (server) Window (client)

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 22 21:16:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Sorry, I think the email above had some error. Looking closely, it did
not also work on Linux client. Both Windows and Linux client are at
par as far as VPN is concerned.

What is actually happening is I can reach the Virtual IP (10.80.80.1)
and physical IP (10.1.1.99) of the vpn server. I am however unable to
reach any other client in the LAN. That imply a routing problem. Below
is my server routes

#/sbin/ip route
10.80.80.2 dev tun0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.80.80.1
10.80.80.0/24 via 10.80.80.2 dev tun0
10.1.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.1.1.99
169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link
default via 10.1.1.1 dev eth0

The 10.80.80.xx network is what is issued to the VPN clients. The
10.1.1.x network is what is used in the LAN. The VPN server is not in
line, that is the default gateway and VPN server are different. On the
default gateway (A window box), I applied this route.

route ADD 10.80.80.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.99 -p

>From this Window box, I can ping 10.80.80.1 and can not reach
connected clients. What could I be missing here?

Regards,

William