[OT]: Win XP Recovery Tools

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 22 15:06:20 UTC 2008

Hi all,

A few weeks ago a family member passed away.  I've been asked to
recover the machine (determine the user id's password, create a new
account, or as a last result re-install if necessary).  I've heard of
backdoors and tools that exploit them to regain control of the
machine.  If anyone can provide pointers, please email me off-list.
TIA.

PS - I'll be providing a live Linux DVD when I head over to fix the
machine but it's unlikely to see much use.

--
 Scott Elcomb
 http://www.psema4.com/