image-to-fax solution?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 13 04:55:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Matt Price <matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a scanner but no fax machine.  my conexant modem may or may not
> work (dealing with a non-compiling driver right now).  is there a
> straightforward way to send scanned pages as faxes, preferably without a
> modem (but if it needs a modem i'll figure that out) and in the best
> case scenario from tthe command line (though again, that's not
> necessary)?  thanks as always,

Doesn't really answer your question but somewhat related...

I purchased the Linuxant driver for my fax-modem a few months back
after getting sick of being crippled at 14.4k using the 'free' driver.

At the time they still didn't have fax support built into the driver.
If you discover different please drop me a line.  TIA.

--
 Scott Elcomb
 http://www.psema4.com/