pcHDtv5500

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 7 23:23:46 UTC 2008

On 9/7/08, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Dave Germiquet wrote:
>> Thank you guys.
>>
>> Very informative, some of you also might want to look at this:
>>
>> http://www.hdtvantennalabs.com/
>>
>> It's an antenna review site i'm checking out tth GS 2200 now :)
>
> Ditto the thanks here, I had no idea til now that I could get OTA HDTV. I'm
> going through the hdtvantennalabs site now, though, and I'm stuck at one
> point:
> the 2nd step involves finding hdtv broadcasts in order to determine the best
> type of antenna. Is there and equivalent method that would give me similar
> info
> for the broadcasts here in Toronto?

I am not aware of any automated tools like the one noted on the
www.hdtvantennalabs.com site. However, the
www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/index.html site does note where the various
transmitters are in the GTA (do note, I gather the only two
transmitter sites for HDTV inside Toronto are the CN Tower and First
Canadian Place (Bank of Montreal building))... So, you can work out
how far you are from the CN Tower/First Canadian Place and the various
Buffalo area transmitter sites...

Colin McGregor