pcHDtv5500

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 6 18:27:30 UTC 2008

Colin McGregor wrote:
> On 9/6/08, Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:
  >> and more importantly
>>
>> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/762088/coat_hanger_hdtv_antenna_better_than_store_bought_amazing/
>
> and in another e-mail Dave Cramer noted:
>
>> http://www.digitalhome.ca/ota/superantenna/design.htm
>
> The above two links are focused on what are sometimes referred to as
> bow-tie antennas (as the receiving elements do kind-of look like a
> bow-tie). These antenna are considered good for UHF channels (at
> present all the digital TV stations in the GTA are UHF, so this is
> fine...). There are a number of similar plans for these antennas on
> the Internet. There are also commercially made versions of these
> antennas available at some local electronic shops...

I was trying to improve reception on the few channels I do get, and
ran across the Slim Jim antenna <http://www.hamuniverse.com/slimjim.html>

It's ostensibly a single-channel thing feeding 50 ohms.  It must have
some kind of bandwidth, but I don't know how much.  It seems as though
a channel 17 version would require about 2 feet of twin-lead to build.
  Anybody try one of these?

	Mel.