[OT} Roger's Lunacy

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 5 23:07:13 UTC 2008

A good chunk of people her get their Internet service from Rogers and
have had issues with them.

I had an experience I have to share.

I received someone else's bill. It had *my* address on it! I had opened
it, never thinking mail from Roger's in my mailbox would not be for me.

The bill does *not* have their telephone number on it. Just names, call
detail and account number.

I wanted to do the "right thing" but Roger's synthetic person than
answers the phone left me dissuaded.

Then I had to call Rogers for an issue of me own. (There may be a story
about this at a later date. Anyone remember my battle with Roger's in 2004?)

So the CSR is a dude very fluent in English. Probably a wasp so no
issues with ability to communicate,

I told him about me getting someone else's bill, and it seemed like I
had tossed some nuclear waste his way! He said I should not have opened
someone else's mail, and I had broken privacy laws!

I said that Rogers had put my address on the bill, and I was just trying
to advise them to fix the problem.

I wanted him to take down the account number and name and "do whatever"
to fix it up.

He refused! He tried to tell me what to do, and I interrupted explaining
I was just trying to help them out with their relationship with one of
their customers.

I tried to get him to buy into the idea that there was a problem, and he
must take ownership of the problem.

Did I mention him asking like I tossed nuclear waste his way?

No way he was taking ownership.

He said I should just mark the next bill "unknown" and return it.

All the time he cited "privacy laws".

I said I don't want to know anything about their customer. I just want
to read to him the account number and name.

No way!

Ludicrous!

Anyone have any TV or newspaper contacts?

Stephen