one-day sale on hackable wireless router

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 3 21:32:31 UTC 2008

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Dell is selling the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router for $39.99 today.  I
> expect that shipping is free.  (Canada Computers current price is $66.99.)
> http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/hotdeals_redhot?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&dgc=AF&cid=3881&lid=77903
>
> This is the classic router for running OpenWRT and other third-party
> firmware.  All this firmware is Linux based, including the original
> firmware delivered in the router.

Here's another Linux based WiFi router, by Asus. It also uses GPL code
(Linux?). This device can also be used a a repeater or plain access
point and also for connecting ethernet devices to the wireless network.
It's currently $57 at Canada Computers.

http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=12&l2=41&l3=0&l4=0&model=1710&modelmenu=1