apache cache - possible solutions?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 30 22:44:15 UTC 2008

We have squid around (what a number of options there!), we have
mod_cache, and a few other ways to deal with server cache.

The problem I have is however not quite standard (to limit CPU when
creating maps images).

I want to cache files based on their partial URL. I am quite certain
that caching is done by using GET URI (for instance). But I would like
to cache based on part of URI, so that some another part of URI is
ignored.

I never used caching on server.

zb.