project: blogging software

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 26 16:55:05 UTC 2008

William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:11:17AM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> >
> >My daughter wants to set something up wherein her and her friends from school
> >can share thing they've written or photos or videos, so I was thinking this
> >would be a good opportunity for me to learn how to set something like this
> >up, and also to keep her away from pathological cultures like MySpace ;)
> >
> >I'm hoping someone can recommend something that is relatively simple but
> >would give me at least a beginning idea of how these things are set up from
> >an admin point of view.
>
> I'm administering more than a dozen wordpress blogs right now, and find
> it to be pretty good software.  You can set it up with multiple authors
> very easily, and it tends to work well.

That does look pretty slick. Also, I've been looking over the documentation for
setting up Wordpress with MySQL, and it looks pretty simple to follow. They
seem to take great pride in making this fairly easy to set up.

Is there a strong reason to go with the Wordpress installation, or am I okay
using the Debian packages?

--
Joe