NewEGG in Canada

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 22:32:29 UTC 2008

Once  you have paid the vendor (and UPS) all they  claim for shipping goods to
you, you will likely be charged again at your doorstep to receive the goods.
I had this experience   again as recently as a week ago.

It seems they have a shipping charge and a hidden delivery charge at   your
door (on whatever pretext).

To Canada, UPS is not competitive in their total rates,  or in their service.
Avoid them. I have no idea why any vendor or any buyer  should ever use them.

Duncan

On Thursday 16 October 2008 16:09:25 Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
> > If you look at operating systems, you'll only find Windows.  I also
> > notice they ship UPS.  If they ship from the U.S. direct to the
> > customer, that could cause real problems, unless they handle getting it
> > across the border, as UPS has obscene "broker" charges.
>
> I've found that this is no longer _necessarily_ the case, if the sender
> has an appropriate relationship with UPS much of that is taken care of
> in advance.
>
> Of course since Newegg now has a Canadian presence it likely now
> collects GST on purchases, so collecting that at the border will not
> likely be an issue. I've recently had things sent to me by UPS from
> companies that had Canadian websites and American warehouses without
> problem. This doesn't mean that Newegg shipments will be problem-free,
> but it does mean that UPS no longer automatically means "cross-border
> nightmare".
>
> - Evan

Duncan MacGregor    --- Toronto ---