Debian Lenny and release dates

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 13:56:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 01:08:47AM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> Ah, okay. So what I think I was really looking for was to be running 'testing',
> not 'lenny'. I would like to always be in the 'testing' state, at least for
> this box.

Then you simply list testing in your sources.list.

> Thing is, is it safe for me right now to change my sources.list from lenny to
> testing, and just run with that? Or should I immediately run a dist-upgrade? I
> just installed lenny a couple of weeks ago, so they can't have diverged yet,
> right?

Perfectly safe to do since testing and lenny is exactly the same thing
at this time.  Doing a dist-upgrade either before or after makes no
difference, since you will get the same updates either way.

The ftp archive says:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 ftp      ftp            5 Apr  8  2007 testing -> lenny

Can't get much more identical than that.

--
Len Sorensen