nmap and port scanning reliability

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 5 16:47:08 UTC 2008

Hi Robert,

> James said pretty much what I was going to say.  I'll just followup by
> saying that there is a lot of OpenVPN experience on this list so feel free
> to raise the OpenVPN problems as well.

Thank you for the offer to help. I did manage to find the problem with
openvpn. There was a change in the firewall. After identifying that
change, I just made a corresponding change on openvpn and was back up
again.

Now, the openvpn is running on a openVZ server. I can get in and do
stuff on some containers there, but their networking is not working at
all. Well, may be because I am a little nervous of making a change
that would make the whole server unreachable. Its a remote server and
I may not find time to dash there this week.

The openvpn is running in a routed mode, not bridged. I therefore have
a feeling that if I use veth, I will lose connectivity. How would one
play with venet without loosing the server? I guess caution is what is
getting in my way here.

Regards,

William