ASUS Eee PC 1000H

Thu Oct 2 18:57:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:38:41AM -0400, James Knott wrote:

>>> While I have a couple of 4 GB pen drives, I wonder if the SD-RAM
>>> cards can be used?  I'd much rather use that, then have a USB drive
>>> sticking out.
>>
>> The ASUS Eee I have (maybe a different/older model) has an SD card slot.
>
> Mine has an SD slot too.  I was just wondering if it can be bootable.

Yes.  At least, I have just booted Ubuntu from it on the 2G.  It was a
little weird, in that I had to change the boot order, but also the HD
order in the BIOS.  I suspect that I'll end up with Debian on it (I just
got mine from the RBC promotion), so if there is anything strange with
that install I'll inform the list.
--

yours,

William