panic: MySQL tables currupt and can't reload

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 2 01:42:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Neil Watson wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 02:16:04PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>> It's not the HD or OS related. Many other things on the system are
>> working fine.
>
> You did not answer the question.  Is it not possible that the hard disk
> sectors involved with this table's files have become bad?

When the DB is dropped the blocks holding the data will be added to the
end of the freelist (in MySQL it is only a file afterall).  Thus when the
DB is recreated it will reside on another part of the disk.

Evan, have you tried repairing the table after reloading the DB?
This might end up clearing the table but you could then proceed to reload
that data.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy