OT: DSL Modems

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 1 01:07:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Jason Carson <jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Are GNET modems bad to begin with? Should I use something else such as
> Speedstream or D-Link maybe? What DSL modems have worked well for you?

I don't have a lot of experience with DSL modems, but the Speedstream
I bought from TekSavvy lasted me about two years, and my
brother-in-law has been using it at school for about a month now with
no complaints.  I think it was the 516, or something--it has one port
for the phone line and one port for your LAN--and, IIRC, it cost me
about $100.

Ian