need some help beta testing an install script

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 25 19:19:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:09:02AM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
>> Well Lennart, I think you just defined "clobber".
>> Vastly and simultaneously scathing, educational and entertaining!

Lol.  A pretty apt description I'd say.  ;-)

Fortunately (and as usual) Lennart's post has bunches of useful information.

> Well I tried to clean it up, then discovered simpl wasn't packaged, and
> then learned where that makefile style came from and got fed up. :)
>
> My experience is that projects that don't do things in a normal way tend
> to get ignored, so perhaps SIMPL really is going to get mostly ignored
> because no distribution is going to be willing to package it.  Too bad,
> it sounds kind of neat.  The project appears like it could use someone
> to give it a major build cleanup.  Of course it also appears to use CVS
> which these days also tends to make volunteers hard to get.

Have to agree.  I'm in the process of moving the Atomic OS project
from Sourceforge to Google Code, in part because I want to start a
fresh SVN repository for version 2.  I haven't met any JavaScripters
who're comfortable with CVS, including myself.  (Of course there are
other reasons for moving the project, but I'll post something on my
blog about that in due time.)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/