Recommend a Linux-compatible Laser printer

Tue Nov 25 03:30:03 UTC 2008

On a similar topic, I recently purchased a Lexmark C500n, which is
working very nicely for my Windows user, but I was hoping it would work
for me, too.

Linuxprinting.org
(http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Lexmark-C500n)
suggests that this printer should work, and so far, it almost is :-)

I am new to CUPS, so I may have screwed something up, but I was able to
add the printer with no trouble, and yet, when I send a test page, it
seems to be fine from my end, but the printer doesn't respond.  The
access and error logs look fine, but something isn't working.  Is there
somewhere else I should look?  Thanks.
--

yours,

William