Merchant software

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 24 15:47:56 UTC 2008

This actually brings up something I've been wondering about for awhile.

Some people often use a specific distribution/version name in their
sources.list, e.g "etch"
I've tended to use the alias of "stable" or "unstable" etc. Any
specific reason one would use the named "etch" instead of stable?

- TJA

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>>>
>>>  In case it matters, the host server is Debian Sarge.
>>
>> Ehm, that doesn't have security updates anymore.  You better not
>> consider that for processing credit cards.
>>
>> It's way beyond time to upgrade.
>
> My bad, it's Etch. I got my names mixed up. (Debian 4.0).
>
> Thanks for catching that, and yes, it would have been very much time to
> upgrade!
>
> Madi

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support