Recommend a Linux-compatible Laser printer

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 22 15:45:47 UTC 2008

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:11:17 -0800 (PST)
> Salman Ahmed <fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>

>> My years old Lexmark Optra laser printer is on its deathbed and I am looking to replace it with a current similar laser printer.
>>
>> I am looking for recommendations for a low-cost mono laser printer that is Linux-compatible and easy to setup under Linux. Network support is not required as this printer will just be direct-attached to a PC. Ideally I want to spend < $100.00.
>>
>> Thanks!

If I were looking at a cheap B/W laser printer, I'd check this out :-)

http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-1640
BW laser printer, max. 1200x600 dpi, works Perfectly
Recommended driver: *ML-1640/XAA Unified Linux Driver *
Generic instructions for: CUPS
<http://www.openprinting.org/cups-doc.html>, LPD
<http://www.openprinting.org/lpd-doc.html>, LPRng
<http://www.openprinting.org/lpd-doc.html>, PPR
<http://www.openprinting.org/ppr-doc.html>, PDQ
<http://www.openprinting.org/pdq-doc.html>, no spooler
<http://www.openprinting.org/direct-doc.html>

      User-contributed Printer Entry

This printer entry is not yet included in the Foomatic
<http://www.openprinting.org/foomatic.html> packages and the data on
this page is not verified or proofread.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019597&cid=PR.392.276
Everyday Low Price: * $47.99* Promotional Cash Price: * $46.99

*