Recommend a Linux-compatible Laser printer

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 21 21:05:15 UTC 2008

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I have heard enough horror stories to recommend that people stay away
> from Lexmark if they intend to use Linux. When a Lexmark system works at
> all it's more likely accidental than any deliberate attempt at support.
[snip]

I have a feeling of deja vu. You had made similar claims before and I
had chimed in to say that has not been my experience, at least with the
higher end Lexmark printers. I've had no trouble connecting
network-attached Lexmark Optra printers to various Linux distributions
and in every case, the features, such as additional trays, duplexing,
envelope feeders, were recognized in Linux.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis