Recommend a Linux-compatible Laser printer

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 21 20:30:13 UTC 2008

My budget for the printer is the first priority so that rules out the nice Brother model that Madison recommended. The Samsung model for $69.99 at FS sounds interesting - I just need to check how well its supported under Linux. If I can find a Brother model close to $100 I'd prefer to go for it as their printers seem to be very well regarded even if they are on the pricier side.

Evan: thanks for the link to the OpenPrinting database, I'll be cross-checking my selections through there. Strangely enough, my 8+ year old Lexmark Optra E312 is really well supported under Linux through CUPS and and lpd/lprng.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Salman Ahmed