We're not endorsing internet throttling: CRTC

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 21 17:29:09 UTC 2008

Amazing admission, try this with your boss :-)

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/11/20/tech-crtcqna.html

Leonard Katz, the CRTC's vice-chairman, discussed the decision and the
upcoming proceeding with CBCNews.ca:

*CBCNews.ca:* The [Canadian Association of Internet Providers] and its
members have complained that they weren't notified in October that the
decision would be delayed, or that a ruling was coming on Thursday. Can
you shed any light on why weren't they notified in advance of either event?

*Katz:* None at all. I don't know what the timelines are. Usually the
commission makes a decision and it goes to the lawyers and writers to
craft the decision. Then we're told when it goes out and we put together
the appropriate machinery to get it out the door. I have no idea who was
notified, when they were notified or who was given advance notice or
not. I would think we treat everybody the same. No idea at all.