how to create a self extracting tarball?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 21 00:50:08 UTC 2008

> I'm trying to streamline the installation of a tarball for an open source
> project I maintain.    Currently the users manually undo the tarball and
> then
> manually execute a build script from within that tarball.  eg.

<snip>

We use Freewrap to package our Tcl code as an executable.
http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/

It's particularly nice for Windows folks who don't want to have to install
Wish (the Tcl interpreter) on their machine. (Wish is usually installed by
default on Linux machines).

Dunno if this will do what you want, but it does mention that it handles
libraries.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto